The Organic Code of Production (Copci in Spanish) provides incentives for foreign investors and for foreign public investment. Its objective is to regulate the productive process of the stages of production, distribution, exchange, trade, consumption, management of externalities and productive investments directed to the Buen Vivir (Good Living). The main benefits provided by the Code are:
- Equality of conditions and protection for national and foreign investors and investments.
- Protection of Investors Property
- Prohibition of all forms of confiscation.
- Freedom of production, commercialization, import and export of goods and services in accordance with the provisions of the National Constitution of Ecuador, laws and regulations established by the current legislation.
- National and foreign investments are subject to the same Tax Regime.
- Subscription of investment contracts that provides stability to tax incentives
- Free transfer of profits abroad and investment (once the tax obligations and other responsibilities have been fulfilled, according to what the legal regulations establish)